Step By Step Guide On How to Turn Off Autocorrect on Android Devices, Android Phone, Auto Correct Keypad
This article teaches you how to turn off the function on your Android device that automatically inserts the word it “thinks” you want to type.
This is my step by step guide on how you can get ride of it. Follow the steps below.
1. Open your device’s Settings. It’s typically shaped like a gear, but it may also be an icon that contains slider bars.
2. Scroll down and tap
Language & input . It’s in the “PERSONAL” section of the menu.
3. Tap your active keyboard. It will likely be Android keyboard or Google keyboard.
4. Tap Text correction . It’s typically near the middle of the menu.
5. Slide the “Auto-correction” button to the “Off” position. The button will turn white.
On some devices, it may be a box that you need to uncheck.
Auto-correction may be re-enabled after an Android update, so you may have to turn it off, once again.
6. Press the Home button. Now your text will no longer be auto-corrected as you type on your Android device.
Enjoy and feel free to ask any question if you are having difficulties about this tutorial.